Colombian Economy Key Facts
Posted By miforero On Monday, 6 May 2019
- The construction of industrial spaces, warehouses, offices and malls has been bolstered by an influx of real estate investment funds and other investment mechanisms related to the real estate market.
- Colombia has become an important destination for tourism in Latin America by developing its hotel, commercial and entertainment sectors.
- Colombia is the second most biodiverse country in the world, allowing people to easily find a climate and environment that suits their taste.
- Colombia ranks #1 in Latin América and #22 out of the 190 countries in quality of care, surpassing Canada (#30) and the U.S. (#37). (World’s Health Systems Ranking)
- There are opportunities in the development of projects focused on second homes and development of senior housing and Multifamily for rent in the main cities of the country. The cost of living in Colombia is 53% less than the cost in USA.
- Colombia has remained attractive for retailers positioning itself in the 10th place in the Global Retail Development Index 2018.
- The construction of new shopping centers has been supported by rising income and the arrival of international brands.
- Cali, Barranquilla and Medellin are considered cities with a student population that could require student housing spaces. Low supply of this type of housing, added to the high costs of renting apartments for small groups of university students, became a business opportunity for the real estate developers. (Labor observatory)